OOPS: Bush and Blair's secret conversation

1 —

Assalamua Wa'laycum,


what do you think? G8 summit conversation.


George Bush: Yeah Blair, what are you doing?

Tony Blair: I'm just...

GB: You're leaving?

TB: No, no, no not yet. On this trade thingy...[inaudible]

GB: yeah I told that to the man

TB: Are you planning to say that here or not?

GB: If you want me to

TB: Well, it's just that if the discussion arises...

GB: I just want some movement.

TB: Yeah

GB: Yesterday we didn't see much movement

TB: No, no, it may be that it's not, it maybe that it's impossible

GB: I am prepared to say it

TB: But it's just I think what we need to be is in a position&

GB: Who is introducing the trade?

TB: Angela

GB: Tell her to call 'em

TB: Yes

GB: Tell her to put me on the spot. Thanks for sweater it's awfully thoughtful of you

TB: It's a pleasure

GB: I know you picked it out yourself

TB: Oh, absolutely, in fact I knitted it. [Laughter]

GB: What about Kofi [inaudible] his attitude to ceasefire and everything else ... happens

TB: Yeah, no I think the [inaudible] is really difficult. We can't stop this unless you get this international business agreed.

GB: Yeah

TB: I don't know what you guys have talked about Israel, but as I say I am perfectly happy to try and see what the lie of the land is - but you need that done quickly because otherwise it will spiral

GB: I think Condi is going to go pretty soon

TB: But that's, that's all that matters. But if you, you see it will take some time to get that together

GB: Yeah, yeah

TB: But at least it gives people...

GB: It's a process, I agree. I told her your offer too...

TB: Well...it's only if I mean... you know. If she's got a..., or if she needs the ground prepared as it were... Because obviously if she goes out, she's got to succeed as it were, whereas I can go out and just talk

GB: You see, the irony is what they need to do is to get Syria, to get Hezbollah to stop doing this S**t and it's over

TB: [inaudible]

GB: [inaudible]

TB: Syria

GB: Why?

TB: Because I think this is all part of the same thing

GB: Yeah.

TB: What does he think? He thinks if Lebanon turns out fine, if we get a solution in Israel and Palestine, Iraq goes in the right way...

GB: Yeah, yeah, he is sweet

TB: He is honey. And that's what the whole thing is about. It's the same with Iraq

GB: I felt like telling Kofi to call, to get on the phone to Bashir Assad and make something happen

TB: Yeah

GB: [inaudible]

TB:

GB: We are not blaming the Lebanese government

TB: Is this...?


[Tony Blair is seen reaching towards the microphone and the sound is cut off at this point].

WOT DO YA THINK?


Forum