Dad of soldier killed in Iraq tells Tony Blair: My son's blood is on your hands

You —

Grieving Peter Brierley went to yesterday's St Paul's Cathedral service for those who died in Iraq to pay tribute to the memory of his 29-year-old son Shaun.

But at a reception afterwards, as Mr Brierley found himself face-to-face with Tony Blair, he could not hold back his fury.

He said: "I'm not shaking your hand, you've got blood on it."

After Mr Blair was swiftly ushered away, Mr Brierley added: "I understand soldiers go to war and die. But they have to go to war for a good reason and be properly equipped to fight.

"I believe Tony Blair is a war criminal. I can't bear to be in the same room as him. I can't believe he's been allowed to come to this reception."

Read more @ mirror.co.uk News

Forum
Tags

You — Thu, 15 Oct 2009 - 17:58

Or the future. What I meant was that I doubt the US (or most others) have conscription *right now*.

While conscription may not be favourable outside the harshest of conditions, I do think some sort of mandatory training (at a young age, maybe even as part of under16/under 18 education) could be a good idea. Like a bootcamp or something. Sounds fun.