sexual abuse- a taboo in muslim community?

Sajid Iqbal —

salaam


This is, especially child abuse, a topic we are writing on in a future issue of The Revival Magazine.


Its an issue which unfortunately is not openly discussed in mosques/ radio discussions/homes etc....


it skind of brushed under the carpet. Its like a massive taboo.


It needs to be raised. It needs to be addressed at all levels/platforms/ people of power and responsibility.


The victims shouldnt feel shame. they have been abused by sick people.


im sure this is an issue that exist across the UK in muslim communities.


does anyone else know of victims or am i over reacting?


is anyone aware of any help /advice/counselling available?


whose job should it be to raise this issue? are we all responsible to protect our young ones from this abuse?


does anyone know of professionsals in this field?


pls do share your views


wasalaam


Forum

Courage — Thu, 1 May 2008 - 14:21

[quote=Confo]


Assallamu Allaikum,


[quote=ahmed k] when me own bro got married i really fancied his mrs she was very pretty so i couldnt control meself after a few weeks of their marriage. [i][b]one day forced meself on her[/b][/i]. no one was home then. she kept it secret coz she feared me bro would kick her out. this made me more attracted to her . . . she didnt like it but knew she could not tell anyone. [/quote]


That doesn't prove he was sick a rapist and a bully?


Get a grip? What does he have to do?


Wassallam.


[/quote]


No mate , we can't go to the police because A, he could be lying (but we know he probably isn't) and B we don't know WHO he is. And don't tell me you do, if you did you'd have already reported him and got him arrested.

What's done is done, and there isn't much we can do about that. But Ahmed K can do something about his behaviour and his wrongdoing. Don't say that I'm defending what he did, because it's blatantly obvious that I'm not! I want him to turn his life around and I want everyone including, his sister-in-law and himself to be safe from him. I don't know if he's still hanging around or he's done a runner.


Confo — Fri, 2 May 2008 - 11:33

[quote=Courage][quote=Confo]


Assallamu Allaikum,


[quote=ahmed k] when me own bro got married i really fancied his mrs she was very pretty so i couldnt control meself after a few weeks of their marriage. [i][b]one day forced meself on her[/b][/i]. no one was home then. she kept it secret coz she feared me bro would kick her out. this made me more attracted to her . . . she didnt like it but knew she could not tell anyone. [/quote]


That doesn't prove he was sick a rapist and a bully?


Get a grip? What does he have to do?


Wassallam.


[/quote]


No mate , we can't go to the police because A, he could be lying (but we know he probably isn't) and B we don't know WHO he is. And don't tell me you do, if you did you'd have already reported him and got him arrested.

What's done is done, and there isn't much we can do about that. But Ahmed K can do something about his behaviour and his wrongdoing. Don't say that I'm defending what he did, because it's blatantly obvious that I'm not! I want him to turn his life around and I want everyone including, his sister-in-law and himself to be safe from him. I don't know if he's still hanging around or he's done a runner.

[/quote]


Assallamu Allaikum,


[b]WE[/b] can't do anything except see him for what he is. And yes you are right I would have done whatever was necessary.


To use your analogy if he did do it, by his own addmission, then he is nothing less than a sick rapist and a bully. If he didn't do it and is trying to shock people then he is nothing less than a sick pervert who has probably got a huge thrill out of what he has imagined he would do.


Sick either way!


Wassallam.