Allah and the Qur'an

TPOS —

There is something i don't understand:


Why does Allah(swt) refer to himself as "we,us," in the Qur'an.


For example:


"Verily We take upon Ourselves to guide. "

(Surah Al-lail, verse 12)


And verily unto Us (belong) the End and the Beginning.

(Surah al-Lail


and why is there a reason why its in third person?


:S :S 🙁


Forum

You — Wed, 14 Jan 2009 - 19:49

it's not?


I just need to find a way to make virtual food nourishing and all would be good.


Ya'qub — Wed, 14 Jan 2009 - 19:49

[quote=wednesday]I ordered a digital Qur'an and masha'Allah it's good for the recitation and translation and I was SO thrilled to receive it because it had tafsir by four scholars too. However, I have just realised that the tafsir is in Arabic only and no other language :? I am gutted![/quote]


Send it back and ask for one with tafsir in English! I had one before (warning, it breaks easily, cos its made in China)


Ya'qub — Wed, 14 Jan 2009 - 19:54

[quote=wednesday][quote=Ya'qub][quote=wednesday]I ordered a digital Qur'an and masha'Allah it's good for the recitation and translation and I was SO thrilled to receive it because it had tafsir by four scholars too. However, I have just realised that the tafsir is in Arabic only and no other language :? I am gutted![/quote]


Send it back and ask for one with tafsir in English! I had one before (warning, it breaks easily, cos its made in China)[/quote]


They don't do returns 🙁 [/quote]


Oh well, alhamdulillah you can listen to the recitation and read the translation of the qur'an... then read the tafsir online (that way you can spend more time soaking it in, and/or concentrate better on teh road when your riding your bike).


And now, a puzzle:

"on look bright always side the"