What's the point of life?!

TPOS —

What the titles asks.


please dont say "its a test" :roll: (even though in the past ive said that to people :|)


(i have a desire to write the title in all CAPs but i wont)


Forum

TPOS — Mon, 13 Jul 2009 - 18:23

(i was actually supposed to say completely rather than truly self-less :oops: nvm i'll just argue against it anyway lol)


[quote=You]Not always. But its right.[/quote]


[quote=Seraphim]Doing the right thing, doesnt always mean things will fall in your favour. Nor does it mean it will be easy.[/quote]


[quote=You]Thus a person can truly be selfless.[/quote]


If things dont always work out, then why would people bother doing the right thing? ok u do it cuz u care about others etc but if it means u put urself through so much pain then why bother? In this case the other main reason would probably be to do with religious/ethical beliefs. Therefore ur not being totally self-less as u wna stick to ur beliefs and know by doing the right thing u will benefit atleast in the here-after if not here


So people are willing to do things which are hard and hurtful becasue they are necessary. I think this is where the belief comes in, if u have faith, u will have hope. Even if its only tiny and deep deeeeep down, which doesnt *really* console u much, but it will make u do the right thing still.


Lala (not verified) — Mon, 13 Jul 2009 - 20:05

I really don't know?

I worked and payed my taxes.

I had 3 children and brought them up to be independent.

I cared for my elderley mother until she died (December 2006)

So there's nothing left for me now.


Ya'qub — Mon, 13 Jul 2009 - 21:09

[quote=Lala]I really don't know?

I worked and payed my taxes.

I had 3 children and brought them up to be independent.

I cared for my elderley mother until she died (December 2006)

So there's nothing left for me now.[/quote]


Live for God.