Favourite lyrics.

RI_RS —

Hi :]


So, what are your favourite song lyrics?


You don't have to know the name of the song, just if a couple of lines/words have stayed in your head.


Can be inspirational or emotional or spiritual or uplifting... whatever :]


Forum

Avenger (not verified) — Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 22:58

Lightening don't strike

The same place twice

When you and I

Said goodbye

I felt the angels cry


Suhail (not verified) — Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 23:24

Claude Kelly - Did It For Love lyrics


Lookin back in the rearview mirror of my life

I see sum memories that bring a tear to my eye

Some were good

Some were bad

But yet there all mine

And I own it

And I ain't afriad to show it

I think ov all my friends that ain't here no more

And it cuts me so deep it's hard to move on

So when I sing this song I'm hopin u no

It ain't just me standin here

It's for the one that ain't there


So when the rain

Comes

Pain

Comes

Darkness

Comes

Cause it gonna

Come

The only thing that helps me keep my head up

Is knowin every day I do it for love


Suhail (not verified) — Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 23:30

Oh, I've got a different approach to dealing with emotion.

Keeping control of my boat, while drifting on this ocean.

Keeping my head to the sky, keeping tears out of my eyes.

Unless happiness be the reason I decide to cry.

And life's too short to dwell on all that's wrong.

Stand up now, stand up now and I promise not before long.


You'll be feeling better today.

Much better today, much better today.


[ne yo - much better today.


s.b.f — Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 23:33

My all time favourite:


Who's to say

What's impossible

Well they forgot

This world keeps spinning

And with each new day

I can feel a change in everything

And as the surface breaks reflections fade

But in some ways they remain the same

And as my mind begins to spread its wings

There's no stopping curiosity


Who's to say

I can't do everything

Well I can try

And as I roll along I begin to find

Things aren't always just what they seem


Upside Down, Jack Johnson


RI_RS — Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 23:39

Vanilla Twilight (By Owl City) :

The stars lean down to kiss you,

And I lie awake I miss you,

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere.

Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly,

But I'll miss your arms around me

I'll send a postcard to you dear,

Cause I wish you were here.


I'll watch the night turn light blue,

But it's not the same without you,

Because it takes two to whisper quietly,

The silence isn't so bad,

Till I look at my hands and feel sad,

Cause the spaces between my fingers

Are right where yours fit perfectly.


I'll find repose in new ways,

Though I haven't slept in two days,

Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone.

But drenched in Vanilla twilight,

I'll sit on the front porch all night,

Waist deep in thought because when I think of you.

I don't feel so alone.

I don't feel so alone.

I don't feel so alone.


As many times as I blink I'll think of you... tonight.

I'll think of you tonight.


When violet eyes get brighter,

And heavy wings grow lighter,

I'll taste the sky and feel alive again.

And I'll forget the world that I knew,

But I swear I won't forget you,

Oh if my voice could reach back through the past,

I'd whisper in your ear,

Oh darling I wish you were here.


I wanted to pick the best bits, but it's just all so Lovely ^_^


RI_RS — Sat, 19 Dec 2009 - 23:52

You Would Not Believe Your Eyes

If Ten Million Fireflies

Light Up The World As I Fell Asleep


[[Cause They Fill The Open Air

And Leave Teardrops Everywhere

You'd Think me Rude

But I Wouuld Just Stand And stare

I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly

It's Hard To Say That I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep

Cause Everything Is Never As It Seems]]


Cause I'd Get A Thousand Hugs

From Ten Thousand Lightning Bugs

As They Tried To Teach Me How To Dance

A Foxtrot Above My head

A Sockhop Beneath My Bed

A Disco Ball Is Just hanging By A thread


[[I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly

It's Hard To Say That I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep

Cause Everything Is Never As It Seems


When I Fall Asleep

Leave My Door Open Just A crack

Please Take Me Away From Here

Cause I Feel Like Such An Insomniac

Please Take Me Away From Here

Why Do I Tire Of Counting Sheep

Please Take Me Away From Here

When I'm far Too Tired To Fall Asleep

To Ten Million Fireflies

I'm Weird Cause I Hate Goodbyes

I Got Misty Eyes As They Said Farewell]]


But I'll Know Where Several Are

If My Dreams Get Real Bizzare

Cause I Saved A Few And I Keep Them In A Jar

I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly

It's Hard To Say That I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep

Cause Everything Is Never As It Seems


[[When I Fall Asleep

I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly

It's Hard To Say That I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep

Cause Everything Is Never As It Seems

When I Fall Asleep

I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly

It's Hard To Say I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep

Because My Dreams Are Bursting At The Seams]]


Suhail (not verified) — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:16

LEE CARR - RAIN


You ever felt like, it's just raining

but it's only raining on you?


Have you ever woke up and felt like you didn't wanna live today?

And have you ever felt like the person you used to be has gone away?

If you feel like you're running and there's nowhere for you to hide

With the world on your shoulder, you hope that it gets better with time


It's like when it rains and it all falls down on your pillow

It's like when it rains and there's nobody there to turn to

It's like when it rains and you can't get out of it

It's like when it rains and you don't know where it will end

It's like when it rains


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:18

[quote=s.b.f]I'm addicted to Owl City 🙂


Why is the top ten filled with RnB? [/quote]


Cool :] , and what d'you mean? what top ten?


Yellowcard- gifts & curses


"I see your face with every punch I take,

and every bone I break, it's all for you.

And my worst pains are words I cannot say,

Still I will always fight on for you. Fight on for you ..."


Suhail (not verified) — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:22

Usher - Moving Mountains


I lost my way, she said she'd stay

And lately I've been sleeping with a ghost

My stock is down and out, I used to be worth my weight in gold

That was before a great depression kicked in and rocked us

And that was before the hurricane came in and stopped us

I told you to leave, but you lied to me

When you said that, baby no worries I promise to get us back


I know sorries, just wouldn't do it

Her heart is obliterated, I'm trying to travel through

But it's like moving mountains...

It's like moving mountains... hey.

But I keep climbing and hoping things would change

And the sky turns gray, and the water from the rain washes progress away.

It's like moving mountains... (moving mountains)

It's like moving mountains... (moving mountains)


Suhail (not verified) — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:24

Course of nature - Caught in the sun


You're my distanced destination of choice

I'd give anything just to hear your voice

I couldn't pass you on the street

Without saying a word

Most times I missed the voice

That goes unheard


What if I missed you

You got caught in the sun

What if I did something

Never to be enough


People everywhere how could I be sure

Is it you that I have been looking for

What would it take for me to be comfortable

With you, with me you're the chosen one


What if I missed you

You got caught in the sun

What if I did something

Never to be enough


Suhail (not verified) — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:25

Sami Yusuf - Mother



Blessed is your face

Blessed is your name

My beloved

Blessed is your smile

Which makes my soul want to fly

My beloved

All the nights

And all the times

That you cared for me

But i never realised it

And now it’s too late

Forgive me


Now i’m alone filled with so much shame

For all the years i caused you pain

If only i could sleep in your arms again

Mother i’m lost without you


You were the sun that brightened my day

Now who’s going to wipe my tears away

If only i knew what i know today

Mother i’m lost without you


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:27

[quote=s.b.f][quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF] what d'you mean? what top ten?


[/quote]


http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10songs.html[/quote]


Oh like that.


I dunno, i guess R'n'B is just the music of the masses of today, like Rock/pop was before.


Owl city, yellowcard, sum 41 etc are still quite popular but much less. R'n'b also has more funding and stuff i'd expect, like producers and things.


s.b.f — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:29

[quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF][quote=s.b.f][quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF] what d'you mean? what top ten?


[/quote]


http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10songs.html[/quote]


Owl city, yellowcard, sum 41 etc are still quite popular but much less. R'n'b also has more funding and stuff i'd expect, like producers and things. [/quote]


I have never heard of Owl City before you mentioned.


I looked at the lyrics and laughed. I never pay much attention to the lyrics to songs 🙂


But Im listening to Owl City now. Like Like Like 🙂


Suhail (not verified) — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:31

SAMI YUSUF SAMI YUSUF FT.OUTLANDISH - TRY NOT TO CRY


You, you’re not aware

That we’re aware

Of your despair

Don’t show your tears

To your oppressor

Don’t show your tears


CHORUS:

Try not to cry little one

You’re not alone

I’ll stand by you

Try not to cry little one

My heart is your stone

I’ll throw with you


Hmm, a little boy shot in the head

Just another kid sent out to get some bread

Not the first murder nor the last

Again and again a repetition of the past

Since the very first day same story

Young ones, old ones, some glory

How can it be, has the whole world turned blind?

Or is it just ’cause it’s only affecting my kind?!

If these walls could speak,

imagine what would they say

For me in this path that I walk on

there’s only one way

Bullets may kill, bones may break

Still I throw stones like David before me and I say


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:39

Three Days Grace- Let's start a riot


If you feel so empty

So used up, so let down

If you feel so angry

So ripped off so stepped on

You're not the only one

Refusing to back down

You're not the only one

So get up


Let's start a riot, a riot

Let's start a riot

Let's start a riot, a riot

Let's start a riot


Empowering :]


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:43

[quote=You]I don't understand why people like poetry.[/quote]


Well, It's inevitable that someone who doesn't like anything would find the idea of enjoying something incomprehensible :p


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:50

[quote=s.b.f][quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF][quote=s.b.f][quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF] what d'you mean? what top ten?


[/quote]


http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10songs.html[/quote]


Owl city, yellowcard, sum 41 etc are still quite popular but much less. R'n'b also has more funding and stuff i'd expect, like producers and things. [/quote]


I have never heard of Owl City before you mentioned.


I looked at the lyrics and laughed. I never pay much attention to the lyrics to songs 🙂


But Im listening to Owl City now. Like Like Like =)[/quote]


Yayy 😃


I thought you meant that you were already a big fan of them x]


The fireflies song is very catchy :]


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:53

[quote=You]ok, taken part. Happy? or Happay?[/quote]


... you realise that poem might aswell be written in chinese for all the sense it made to me?


'Twas' like reading Jabberwocky.


Suhail (not verified) — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:55

[quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF][quote=You]ok, taken part. Happy? or Happay?[/quote]


... you realise that poem might aswell be written in chinese for all the sense it made to me?


'Twas' like reading Jabberwocky. [/quote]


hmm it made sense to me...


s.b.f — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:56

[quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF]


The fireflies song is very catchy :]

[/quote]


So is Vanilla City.


Any other recommendations?


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:58

[quote=s.b.f][quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF]


The fireflies song is very catchy :]

[/quote]


So is Vanilla City.


Any other recommendations?[/quote]


by owl city or by anyone?


RI_RS — Sun, 20 Dec 2009 - 00:58

[quote=St786][quote=MakeMeRawr_6TeenF][quote=You]ok, taken part. Happy? or Happay?[/quote]


... you realise that poem might aswell be written in chinese for all the sense it made to me?


'Twas' like reading Jabberwocky. [/quote]


hmm it made sense to me...[/quote]


Gee, i wonder why :roll: