Your Fav Book?

MuSlImAh786 β€”

Hey,


Im sure your all dedicated islamic readers thus share your best, most interesting, most valuable book in this post.


Please provide name of the book and name of the author inshallah! πŸ˜‰


Dont repeat books mentioned my other members ... so we can get a variety!


I'll begin....my best book I have read (and will inshallah study in depth one day) is the beautiful QURAN: Author: ALLAH SUBHANATALLAH πŸ™‚


Your Turn...


Forum

100man β€” Fri, 3 Feb 2006 - 02:08

Don't know about favourite but, some fiction favourites:


Anything by Anthony Burgess

Anything by PG Wodehouse - funny, light classics

The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Yawning Heights by Aleksandr Zinoviev - got halfway through several times and then eventually pushed on, big masterpiece on the Communist workforce

Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh - made into a movie, "Bright Young Things", that I haven't seen


I don't read enough. Probably less than anyone here including Oldham Dude.


100man β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 16:41

I am reading "Pimp" by Iceberg Slim. Truly awesome.


Dave β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 20:21

After careful consideration I think mine is the Count of Monte Cristo - somebody else mentioned it in the past so I bought a copy of the unabridged version and WOW what a book.


They really shouldn't provided it abridged


Mez β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 20:37

Hey is anyone in to Horror books? πŸ˜ƒ


Anonymous (not verified) β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 20:50

[quote="Mez"]Hey is anyone in to Horror books? :D[/quote]


No. but I do have some horror stories of my own to tell, that’s if you’re interested.


Mez β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 20:56

Yeh sure!


That would be good! πŸ˜›


star β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 20:59

[quote="Mez"]Hey is anyone in to Horror books? :D[/quote]


was years ago lol......grown out of the point horrors


more into non-fictions now , or danielle steel / sidney sheldon...they've got wicked fictions.


Anonymous (not verified) β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 21:00

[quote="Mez"]Yeh sure!


That would be good! :P[/quote]


I could describe my accident but last time I did in gruesome detail on MPAC chat everyone left the chat room, to seek sanction under his or her bed covers. 😒


Caution


Mez β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 21:09

How could you change a normal everyday thing in to a horror story?


By making special effects or something! :?


Anonymous (not verified) β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 21:31

[quote="Mez"]How could you change a normal everyday thing in to a horror story?


By making special effects or something! :?[/quote]


The amount of blood I lost is enough to decertify Screen to a PG.


And I can assure you my accident isn’t a everyday think.


star β€” Sun, 12 Feb 2006 - 21:44

Yes that was a nice horror story....


no need to carry on.... im already feeling uneasy


MuslimSister β€” Mon, 13 Feb 2006 - 10:54

I just finished reading the biography of the Rabia Basri (ra) and other Sufi women in Islam. It was a fantastic book.


I’m still getting though Mawalana Rumi’s Mathanwi...I only understand about 70% of his words. But what I DO understand is so deep.


You β€” Tue, 14 Feb 2006 - 01:50

[quote="Omrow"]Salam


[deleted bit] I would think about giving her

the new Mercedes Maybach 57 S-Class Saloon 6.0 litre V12 Engine.


That car is amongst automobiles as she is amongst women.


Omrow[/quote]


should that be deleted?


[EDIT]


I have removed his full comment in his post. it was 60/40 in favour of innuendo...


Mez β€” Tue, 14 Feb 2006 - 14:20

[quote="Fresh Prince"]do tell.....[/quote]


Yeh carry on and please do tell.... :twisted:


Saadia Khan β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 15:25

salaam


has any one heard of or read "Holy Woman" by Qaisara Shiraz


Dave β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 16:13

[quote="Omrow"]Yes.[/quote]


Well played.


Dave β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 16:15

[quote="naj"][quote="Mez"]Hey is anyone in to Horror books? :D[/quote]


was years ago lol......grown out of the point horrors


more into non-fictions now , or danielle steel / sidney sheldon...they've got wicked fictions.[/quote]


I think my girlfriend likes Danielle Steel - a book called "Johnny Angel" is her favorite


Same person?


star β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 16:25

[quote="Augustus"][quote="naj"][quote="Mez"]Hey is anyone in to Horror books? :D[/quote]


was years ago lol......grown out of the point horrors


more into non-fictions now , or danielle steel / sidney sheldon...they've got wicked fictions.[/quote]


I think my girlfriend likes Danielle Steel - a book called "Johnny Angel" is her favorite


Same person?[/quote]


Yea its the same author....even though i havent read that one i've come across it, i think my sisters read most of her books...


my favourite so far is malice, such a sad book


Dave β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 16:33

I'll have to pick it up some time - what kind of writer is she? (other than nonfiction)


star β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 16:43

[quote="Augustus"]I'll have to pick it up some time - what kind of writer is she? (other than nonfiction)[/quote]


shes mostly fiction


maybe done some non- fictions...heard shes a producer too :?


shes got 1 movies from her book The Ring


iRazor β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 17:08

BOOOKS,


I used to love the Babysitter series. The horror book, they had the babysitter 1, 2, 3 and 4. Wicked books.


Dear beloved Son by Imam Ghazali is a WICKED BOOK.


Shaykh Hamza Yusuf's, interpretaion of Imam Mawlid's poem, purification of the heart is a decent enough book, aint finished it yet tho.


Ive got "Sirr Al-Asrar" aka "Secret of Secrets" laying on my "bookshelf". Is it as good as people say it is? I might give it a read.


MuslimSisLilSis β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 19:26

[quote="Saadia Khan"]salaam


has any one heard of or read "Holy Woman" by Qaisara Shiraz[/quote]


my sister read it in manchester


she was raving about it and made me order it frm amazon


it shud arrive in a few days


according to her its very deep book


brings tears to ur eyes :shock:


but its non fiction


MuslimSisLilSis β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 19:40

[quote="Augustus"][quote="Omrow"]Yes.[/quote]


Well played.[/quote]


"yes" what?


yes he's an idiot


or yes his post shud be deleted


or yes there was too much innuendo in his post?


Saadia Khan β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 19:44

salaam


a very good read indeed!! i recommend it to every1 it is kinda based on a real story as this kind of stuff happens in villages in pakistan. Its in a lot of detail aswell and the way she describes the way people are living their everyday lives, u can just imagine it she uses urdu words in the book aswell when people are talking and when events are taking place. it takes u back as if u are there. and obviously being written by a women it clearly shows a understanding of a womans emotions. i am currently reading the sequel "typhoon" and iam just getting into it, but its not as good as the first.


MuslimSisLilSis β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 19:47

[quote="Saadia Khan"] and obviously being written by a women it clearly shows a understanding of a womans emotions. .[/quote]


i agree


i got a detailed review of that book.


apparently it really does make u understand how a women thinks-and behaves under pressure


married to the quran-how tribal


but at least the book had an happy ending


men who wish to understand women shud read that book :roll:


i cant wait till my book arrives


Saadia Khan β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 19:50

yes totally agree men have a good read and try to relate.


tribal isnt the word lol(actually it is ) lol but i mean when i first heard it i cudnt belive my ears i was told then i went out and bought it, u wont be able to put it down.


MuslimSisLilSis β€” Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 19:53

getting married to quran does happen though dont it?


for the same reasons mentioned in the book


but in backwards villages